The good, the bad, & the ugly truth behind Fast Food 🍟:
☛ The Good= It’s fast & convenient.
☛ The Bad= Doesn’t contain the nutrients your body needs to stay healthy ☤ & fit 🏊. The high ↑ levels of sugar puts your metabolism under stress secreting too much insulin from the pancreas. Fast food 🍔 doesn’t contain adequate or good protein 🐄🐓 & carbohydrates which leaves you feeling grumpy 😡, fatigued & craving sugar!
☛ The Ugly = Contains high amounts of fat which results in poor cognitive performance, you will feel tired 😴, your body will have difficulty getting oxygen to the brain & the rest of your body which will not allow you to perform athletic activity to the best of your ability.
Junk & Fast Food shouldn’t even be considered food, but a food-like substance that makes you feel uncomfortable, moody & low energy which leads to a lack of interest in exercise 🚴
Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org or message me for any ❓❓❓ about health ❤, nutrition 🍎, or recipes 🍴
Ouch! Sore muscles after a hard workout 😩 but want to to make it to the gym today & give today’s workout 100%?
Pineapple 🍍 contains the enzyme > Bromelain = curb inflammation in athletic injuries, reduce muscle soreness, & aids in the absorption of protein
> Vitamin C = integral vitamin/antioxidant for tissue growth & healing
Protein smoothie to recover from sore muscles:
Banana 🍌 - replenish depletes Potassium levels
Pineapple 🍍- reduce muscle inflammation, tissue growth, & protein absorption
Spinach 🍃 - high in vitamin k protect bones & blood vessels, repair cells after strenuous activity
Protein powder- heal the “micro tears” post workout due to intense contraction from lifting weights
Maca Powder- increase stamina, strength & overall performance
Buckwheat Oat Chia Cereal🍶 served w/ 2% organic milk🐄 , farmers market double yolk eggs 🍳!!!! Happy Sunday ☺
All in 1⃣! YES believe it a SuPeR FoOd does exist & it comes to us circa 4000BC as Buckwheat Groats!
Buckwheat 🌾has the most Zinc = immunity boosting, Potassium = maintain H2O + Acid balance, Cooper = maintain neurodegenerative diseases at bay, Rutin (bioflavonoid)= anti-inflammatory & anti-carcinogenic, & Protein = contains all 9 essential Amino Acids which makes it a complete protein just like Quinoa!!!
Basically Buckwheat in your diet regularly helps keep you FIT, NIMBLE, & HEALTHY!!!
Message me for the Buckwheat Cereal Recipe!!!!
Are you an avid athlete who gets that mid-workout exhaustion😴 & think you can’t continue?
Studies have shown performed w/ cyclists 🚵 that combining fructose & glucose in a 1:1 ratio either prior or during the strenuous physical activity, the activity was performed better, faster, & with more strength than those athletes who did not consume a combination of fructose & glucose. All sugars are absorbed very quickly into our bloodstream giving us a boost of energy, but the type of sugar & combination is important.
Unfortunately High Fructose Corn Syrup🌽is the perfect 1:1 fructose to glucose ratio… Of course it would be it is man made and HIGHLY PROCESSED, but there is an alternative that is HEALTHY, REAL, NATURAL… FRUITS 🍌 🍇 🍍 which many are close to that 1:1 ratio!
The solution for the fatigue for avid athletes is to consume sugar in the form of fructose 🍉 & glucose!
Magnify 🔎 your nutrients in just one bite! Salmon en papillote w/ Rainbow Chard served w/ a side of Creamy Mashed mixed Cauliflower + Russet Potato topped w/ dill & sliced Beets!
- Wild Salmon (no antibiotics 💊 or chemicals) is rich in the mineral Selenium & Omega 3 (an essential Fatty Acid we can only obtain through diet) decreases ↓ joint inflammation which is great to eat after a HIIT workout or any exercise that requires jumps or stress on your joints. High levels of inflammation can cause muscle soreness, delay tissue repair, & can be counterintuitive to the positive effects exercise has on insulin sensitivity. STOP ✋ these benefits can get even better to boost your health ❤!
- Pairing Salmon with Cauliflower (rich💰in sulphoraphane = cancer fighting photochemical) & Garlic (powerful anti-inflammatory + detoxifier) but when all paired together their nutrients (Vitamins & Minerals) are said to be up to 1⃣3⃣ times more powerful than when eaten 🍴 by themselves!!!!
Steel Cut Oats infused w/ orange 🍊 zest and protein powder to refuel after instructing an early morning spin class 🚴 & to do it all again in a few hours!
Health☤ Facts about Steel Cut Oats (Gluten-free) to replenish depleted glucose & glycogen stores post-workout:
- After an endurance or HIIT workout replenishing your glucose and glycogen levels is essential for recovery & to continue to perform demanding physical activity again
- Glucose is the #1⃣ source of energy for any physical activity before fatty acids, and ketones.
- Glycogen is the stored form of glucose. Very limited amount of glucose & glycogen is in your body and depletes extremely quickly during physical activity ⚽. This is why it’s essential to eat GOOD complex carbohydrates to reach your fitness goals 🏆!
- For protein to reach your muscles quickly post-workout you need to pair proteins with carbohydrates. Protein is needed for strength and muscle growth 💪
- Carbohydrates are needed in muscles to reach the increased blood vessels that occur with reoccurring physical training for for ATP (energy) 🔋 production.
Message me for the simple make-a- head recipe!!!!
To eat or not to eat ❓ ❓ ❓
The debate over whether egg yolks 🍳 are Good 👍 or Bad ☠ for our health.
These are some nutrition ☤ facts about eating whole eggs 🍳:
- The yolks contain ALL the healthy fatty acids including the very important Omega 3 fats which are only obtained through diet & have been found to protect against ❤ disease, stroke and autoimmune diseases
- The yolk contains over 80% of vitamins & minerals within the egg, these include (Iron, Potassium, Folate, Selenium, Vitamin A, E, B, D, Biotin, & Choline)
- 1/5 of the protein in an egg is in the yolk
- Vitamin B (specifically Riboflavin) has shown to lower cholesterol levels & lecithin a nutrient component in the yolk prevents much of the cholesterol from being absorbed in your body.
With these facts and many more do you really think it wise to keep separating the egg yolks from the whites if you live a healthy lifestyle and eat a nutrient dense diet ❓